Ik ben té enthousiast over dat hele blackmetal ding. Ik heb alle interviews met Count Grishnackh nu gehad en begin nu aan de Darkthrone interviews. Dit lees ik in een interview met Darkthrone drummer Fenriz:
Do you think you’ll ever release a techno record?
Fenriz: "I started getting into techno in ‘92, all that Chicago house stuff. Then I thought, “this is gonna be huge.” After three years, I was still into it. I thought, “ok, I’m not gonna ruin this magic as well.” I learned just how to work the turntables."
So what are you talking about, then? Tell us about stuff you really like. There is some good techno out there. I don’t know if it’s correct to consider Aphex Twin techno, or if it’s really good, but I think it is.
Fenriz: "Yeah, well, you have to call them techno, but he’s really left field, what we call that style. I listen to fifteen of the sub-genres of what we’ll call techno, but that also includes house. When I DJ, I play between 20-25 styles."
So who are the coolest artists?
Fenriz: "That’s too many to mention. I’ve been listening to it for 11 years. But I’ve got a Plastic Man tattoo - Richie Halton. Everyone should know who that guy is."
Halton moet natuurlijk Hawtin zijn en Plastic Man, Plastikman. Maar goed, zoiets vind ik nu leuk. help.
ps. luister eerst naar Transilvanian Hunger, dan begrijp je waarom ik dit leuke anekdotes vind.
Do you think you’ll ever release a techno record?
Fenriz: "I started getting into techno in ‘92, all that Chicago house stuff. Then I thought, “this is gonna be huge.” After three years, I was still into it. I thought, “ok, I’m not gonna ruin this magic as well.” I learned just how to work the turntables."
So what are you talking about, then? Tell us about stuff you really like. There is some good techno out there. I don’t know if it’s correct to consider Aphex Twin techno, or if it’s really good, but I think it is.
Fenriz: "Yeah, well, you have to call them techno, but he’s really left field, what we call that style. I listen to fifteen of the sub-genres of what we’ll call techno, but that also includes house. When I DJ, I play between 20-25 styles."
So who are the coolest artists?
Fenriz: "That’s too many to mention. I’ve been listening to it for 11 years. But I’ve got a Plastic Man tattoo - Richie Halton. Everyone should know who that guy is."
Halton moet natuurlijk Hawtin zijn en Plastic Man, Plastikman. Maar goed, zoiets vind ik nu leuk. help.
ps. luister eerst naar Transilvanian Hunger, dan begrijp je waarom ik dit leuke anekdotes vind.

1 Comments:
Geinig. Maar eigenlijk niet zo vreemd, er zijn in die tijd wel meer metalhoofden de house ingerold...uchuch...zeker in die rave tijd vond ik die energie eigenlijk hetzelfde, de overstap was zo gemaakt.
(maar blijkbaar speelt het bij die Scandinaviers heel erg.)
Een reactie posten
<< Home